Of course, I had no idea my December 2019 visit to Malaysia and Singapore would be the last trip for a while. The quietness and consistency of these days at home pass mostly in blissful productivity. A few random cravings do appear, almost as if my body clock tells me it's time to go abroad again.
- Chez Fatima and Queues de Castor in Canada.
- Any street cart selling satay in Singapore.
- The feel of energy and excitement in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
- Thanksgiving Dinner near Place de la République, Paris, France.
- Tea at the Raffles Hotel or The Fullerton in Singapore.
- Philosophical conversations over lunch at the Café Louvre in Prague, Czechia.
- Grabbing lunch at the Östermalms Saluhall in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Breakfast meetings and walks in the Dubai Marina.
Most of all, I miss seeing the friends I've made over the years at each of these places. Video calls just aren't the same.